Driver License Services
The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security has changed the scope of services offered at ALL County Clerk Drivers License Express Service Centers. Due to this change, we will only be allowed to process the following types of drivers license transactions:
1. Renewal or Duplicates of Tennessee driver licenses class “D” & class “DM”
2. Renewal or Duplicates of Tennessee photo “ID”
3. Downgrade a Class D Tennessee driver license to a photo “ID”
4. Downgrade a Tennessee Commercial License to a class “D”
5. Duplicate a Tennessee Learners Permit
6. Duplicate or change of address only for a Tennessee Commercial driver license
7. Registering people to vote as allowed under the motor voter law
REAL ID is now Available!!!!
We cannot renew a Commercial Driver License
THE CLERK’S OFFICE IS UNABLE TO GIVE WRITTEN OR PHYSICAL DRIVER TESTS. THESE ARE ADMINISTERED BY THE STATE.
*Duplicate transactions are used for more than just replacing a lost or stolen license. We can do a last name, address change or adding the REAL ID by doing this type of transaction.*
NOTE: WE CAN ONLY CHANGE A LAST NAME AND THAT MUST BE SUPPORTED BY A LEGAL DOCUMENT SUCH AS A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE OR DIVORCE DECREE. FIRST AND MIDDLE NAMES MUST BE CHANGED AT A STATE DRIVER LICENSE CENTER
REMEMBER: NO PHOTOCOPIES, FAXES, OR CARBON COPIES OF LEGAL DOCUMENTS CAN BE ACCEPTED.